Beginning January 1, 2016, all Oregon-bred Thoroughbred foals registered with the Jockey Club in 2016 will receive an incentive of $225 issued by the OTOBA.
OTOBA FOAL REGISTRATION INCENTIVE PROGRAM DETAILS:
The OTOBA Foal Registration Incentive Program will encourage Oregon Thoroughbred breeders to continue breeding and it will attract new participants to the Thoroughbred breeding industry in Oregon.
The Oregon Racing Commission has allocated $15,000 for the year 2016.
In the event more than 66 Oregon-bred Thoroughbreds are registered in 2016, the OTOBA will provide the additional funding necessary for the program.
1. The OTOBA will pay a breeding incentive of no more than $225 per Oregon-bred Thoroughbred that is registered with The Jockey Club in 2016.
2. The incentive of $225 per foal registration will be made without regard to the foal's age. Yearlings through 3 year olds may be registered in 2016. However, the maximum incentive paid by the OTOBA will be $225 per foal registration.
3. The breeding incentive will be paid to the named breeder for each Oregon-bred Thoroughbred registered in 2016.
4. No limit will be placed on the number of foals a breeder may register.
5. All foal registrations will be verified with The Jockey Club.
6. Breeders will submit a copy of the foal registration to the OTOBA office. The OTOBA will provide payment to the breeder within 30 days of receipt of the foal registration and once the registration has been verified with The Jockey Club.
7. Breeders will be notified by letter if the foal registration submitted is invalid.
8. The OTOBA will obtain a foal registration report from The Jockey Club in January 2017 to verify all breeders have been paid.
9. The OTOBA will provide a complete report to the Oregon Racing Commission of all foals registered and breeders paid in 2016. The report will be submitted on or before January 31, 2017.
10.The OTOBA Foal Registration Incentive Program will expire on December 31, 2016 unless funding is renewed by the Oregon Racing Commission or additional funding sources are available.
For a printable copy of the program, click on the PDF file on the right.
Please contact the OTOBA office with any questions.