WHY JOIN THE OTOBA?
The OTOBA was established in 1944 as a non-profit organization. Our mission is to strengthen Oregon’s Thoroughbred breeding industry, to further cooperation among members of the racing community and to increase public interest through the promotion and advancement of the breeding and racing of Oregon-bred Thoroughbreds.
As a member of the OTOBA you will receive:
- Waiver of 5% non-member fee on breeder’s awards and owner’s bonus awards
- The Oregon Horse, the OTOBA’s own publication
- OTOBA’s monthly e-newsletters
- The right to vote for representation on the OTOBA Board of Directors
- The right to vote for Oregon Champions for our annual awards banquet
- Complimentary produce records
- Complimentary Notary services
- Member discounts with NTRA
The OTOBA retains an outstanding lobbyist in Salem to assist in advancing issues beneficial to the racing community.
Members also benefit by the OTOBA’s membership with the national TOBA, The Jockey Club, and Oregon horse associations.
Please return the membership information at the bottom of the application with your payment and keep the top portion for your records.
OTOBA membership dues for the year beginning August 1, 2016 through July 31, 2017
*Annual Dues: Individual - $55 ~ or ~ Dual - $75 (with Spouse or Partner)
*Note that Membership dues, payments and gifts to the OTOBA are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. Such payments may be deductible under the Internal Revenue Code as ordinary and necessary business expense.